Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I Will Not Brag...

Because if I brag, it will stop. I learned my lesson with Lochlan. I was all excited that he slept through the night for a week before our 3 month visit to the pediatrician. I told my online chat board. I told my family. I told my friends. And you know what, for the past 5 months I've been getting up on average once a night. Sometimes twice - or more. And sometimes he throws me a bone and let's me have a night of not getting up, but the whole time I am listening to him coo LOUDLY for an hour in his bedroom before going back to sleep. But more often than not, my 20 plus pound kid is waking up for a feeding in the middle of the night between 2 and 4 am.

That said, I am just informing y'all that Keegan has been dry at night for 11 days or so. Exciting, yes? Ages ago he would wake up dry, but that stopped and I never really forced the issue because he is so small, I figure his bladder is equally as small. And how can you expect a teeny person like Keegan to hold pee for 11 hours? But he has been consistently dry. Of course, I am helping the kid out. Once I realized he was trying hard to be dry at night I now take him to go potty right before bed. So he runs around sans pants for an hour after bath time. Then he goes potty one more time. Then bed. Then he wakes me up in the morning and the first thing we do, once he literally drags mommy out of bed (remember - I am up with Lochlan at some ungodly hour so I am exhausted) he goes potty. And then he is usually dry all day.

Well, I am thinking if he can keep this up for the rest of the year I'll switch him to underwear for bed. Eek. Isn't that exciting?

Anyways. I am not bragging. If someone happens to read this and wants to give Keegan some kudos, then go ahead. But this post was merely informational. :tiny cheer for Keegan:

No comments: