Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Pie

Lochlan is teething. His first teeth popped through at seven months. And to satisfy his sore gums he likes to chew rubber-like substances. Mostly sneakers, flip flops and crocs. He will also chew these glow-in-the-dark, small, made in China, choking hazard aliens his brother owns. None of those items are something I want in my son's mouth, yet he wouldn't chew traditional teethers. So, I did some research and searched online for alien teethers. I thought something about the shape of their oblong heads made them irresistable. I didn't find what I was looking for, but I did find alien-like teethers called Chan Pie Gnon. They are actually supposed to be mushrooms. And, unlike the alien toys, I can be sure these are safe for Lochlan. They use all natural rubber (phthalate-free) and food quality paint. So, of the threesome I ordered blue Chan who has a nipple-like head and pink Pie, who has knobs like a giraffe on her head. They didn't have yellow Gnon available, who has a ring on his head. These mushroom teethers have big eyes, cute freckles and they SQUEAK. They sound like the birds from the Pixar short For the Birds.

So far, he seems to enjoy these guys. Keegan loves them too, especially bouncing them off of Lochlan's head. Thank god they are made of really soft, flexible rubber.

Photobucket
Lochlan with Pie. Pie and Chan both came from www.babysproutnaturals.com.

No comments: